Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c++ DLL get parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden25

Programmer
Feb 16, 2006
AU
Hi All,

first time building a DLL not to mention C++ program and I'm having a little trouble trying to get the parameters passed to it.

I'm using VC++ 6.0. I created this via a 'Regular DLL using shared MFC DLL'

Upon running it basically creates an application class, then creates a dialog box. This piece works!

Now, I need to pass it three parameters to use though out the program, do I create a new method within the application class to grab these values? (If so can someone give me some example on what I need in this method) Or have I gone the wrong way in trying to build this? All examples I have read are fairly simple DLLs with functions, mine is based on classes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hayden

First of all, can you imagen passing parameters to a DLL? I dont, because it's not an application, it's just a library (Dynamically Linked Library or smth like that).

So, you either add an export function that you pass parameters through, or you add a public class method to do that.

------------------
When you do it, do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back