Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C Compiler on SCO 5.0.6 Open Server Development Kit CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaconsult

Technical User
Jan 14, 2001
US
I loaded the DK CD to test the C Compiler that is supposed to be there (cc); but it doesn't appear to be there. Where did the CD load to? Of course, there is no documentation other than the install procedure and that appeared to work fine. I know it is a 60 day evaluation copy; but shouldn't I be able to use the programs for 60 days?? Is it not really installed yet? Something shows up in the License Section as "Unknown Software".

Did you do a "find"?:
find / -name cc -print
On one of our SCO boxes with the dev kit installed we get the following two entries in "custom":
SCO OpenServer Development System (ver 5.1.0Ac)
SCO Optimizing C Compiler (ver 2.1.4d)
May be a different version to yours and this is not the demo, but I imagine your "Unknown Software" listing may indicate something went wrong.

On our system we have "/bin/cc" that is a symbolic link to: /opt/K/SCO/unixds/5.1.0Ha/bin/cc

You can also try GNU cc (gcc) which I think there may be SCO binary available from skunkware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back