Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C compiler for windows 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues77

Programmer
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a c compiler (like gcc) that I can use in a windows environment. I was told about MinGW but I'm having trouble setting it up. After I install it and ensue a gcc command from the command prompt it says that it doesn;t recognize the command. I'm very new to this and any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Salem,

I'm trying to add an additional directory for the C includes under the compiler options window. However, the only option I have is to delete the entry that is currently there (c:\dec-cpp\include) The Add button is greyed out. How do I go about adding an additional directories since I have some header files in other dirs that I need.

Thanks for your help

A C (and C++) compiler IDE that uses Mingw as its back-end, which in my opinion is better than Dev-C++, is Mingw Studio. It is free and basically clones the VC++6 IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back