Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C ,C++ downloading now

Status
Not open for further replies.

papamix17

Programmer
Apr 13, 2000
GR
Does enyone here knows in which site can i download c++ or c?

Well if you mean free, then there are hundreds of compilers(but only a few are actually publicly popular hehe) one of the best DOS compilers thats 32bit that I know of and is Free is DJGPP , just so you know C++ is a language, it is a method to write programs in, it is not a program itself, you use a compiler + linker to create the programs written in the language of C++. now I assume DJGPP is downloaded at doloris.com (Its been such a long long time so some1 else might correct my post which is only a matter of time) now the two major Windows C++ Compilers that I know of are Borland C++ Builder, and Microsoft Visual C++ , I use VC++ at work, but I used to use C++ Builder alot.<br><br>(Dont ask which is better, its been very arguable ammongst the tech community)<br><br>course if you also need books to read , i got some on my site <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> kinda outdated at the moment but it'll work you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it (the read is free at adobe.com) also you can goto sites like informit.com and read the books online for free<br>some of the more advanced or complete books I like are C++ From the ground up , and for VC++ specific book , Special Edition Using VC++6 is nice as well (the From the ground up book covers only the standard, which is good because it ensure that no matter what compiler you use, your code is standardized)<br><br>any further questions dont hestitate to ask, and I'm am certain others will post even more accurate information to your postings <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back