Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c# == betamax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterstick

Programmer
Apr 7, 2000
GB
i've been coming to this forum for a while now, and the number of posts has calmed right down to a handful a day.

the vb.net forum, though, is still going strong, with hundreds of posts a day.

this suggests that c# is losing out, and becoming the betamax of languages (no bias implied;)

is this a false impression?

mr s. <;)

Or C# programmers are smarter then vb.net programmers.

Or they just like me.

And I think that most schools are using vb.net to learn there students the basics of (bad) programming.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Yes, don't worry about C#. In the job market, C# is very much a hot commodity. VB.Net jobs in my area (Midwest - Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, etc) are about half as available as C#, if that.

I imagine most VB.Net questions probably are coming from either what Microsoft called "hobbyist" programmers or students.

----------------------------------------

TWljcm8kb2Z0J3MgIzEgRmFuIQ==

I'm subscribed to 2 jobsites and I noticed the ffg.
2006: RPG/AS400 / Java
2005: C#
(filtered in Asia only)

C# hiring was at its peak on 2005 and early 2006. The following year was Java. Just came up to me, when C# was at the peak of its market, could it be that many Java programmers shifted to C# (since its easier for them to learn C# than VB)? Which then eventually decreased the number of Java programmers that's why the sudden demand for them the following year?

If I'm not mistaken, there were only at least 5 or so number of posts for VB.net on my mailbox.

:p

Another way to look at is that many of the Java developers have left for C#, and so there are now many openings.

On another note: I ran into an MSIL bigot the other night. He claims that VB.NET and C# are simply complicated wizards.
:)

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back