Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bypassing print setup dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3corp

Programmer
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have written code to prepare an html document, and now need to convert it to a .pdf file. I would like to use the PDFWriter, but can also use the Distiller. In either case, I will need to print the .html file to utilize either of these 'devices'.
Because I am writing this script to prepare multiple files, I do not want the print setup dialog box to appear every time. I have edited the registry to automate the pdf conversion, but cannot figure out how to bypass the print dialog box.
I do not want to have any references within my project so I need to do this through API Calls. Can anyone help me with this??? It would be greatly appreciated.
-Jim

It's not much of a solution, but you could subclass the parent window of the print dialog box, and close it after receiving a WM_ACTIVATE (wParam=0 when losing focus) message..

Remedy

Try the Zeon DocuCom PDF Driver 5.x at
It's inexpensive and you can supress all dialogs at run-time by setting a value in the registy (NT/2000/XP) or an ini file (W9x).

I've written a printer management ActiveX DLL (PDXPro) which contains a wrapper class to configure the DocuCom driver. You may find it helpful to download an evaluation copy from my web site; if only because my help file is much better than theirs!

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back