Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bypassing instrument function to instrument interaction in labwindow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianshiz

Programmer
Jun 18, 2010
US
Hey all,

I am using NI's DAQmx and trying to figure out a way to change what the instrument functions interact with. For example:

DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan(), creates a voltage measurement channel and adds it to a task. Normally what happens is I call this function in my source file and provide the inputs. The function then does its magic with the DAQ, I have no idea what since I haven't figured out how to check the source of the library. The DAQ then probably returns something to the function and the function returns success.

What I want to do is intercept the stage when the function and DAQ interacts. Its easy to cut off the connection by simply taking the DAQ off the hardware but how would I be able to redirect this connection? Would this require writing a driver? Or just another lib file?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back