Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bypass proxy Service on NT 4.0 for VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpalazzi

Technical User
May 2, 2000
US
I have a NT 4.0 server which is also my DHCP server and Proxy Server.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of my client wants to connect to a another Wan using Virtual Private Networking.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am being told the VPN will not work with Proxy on a network because you need a direct link to an ISP.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is this true?&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there any way to disable or bypass the proxy for just one client temporarily?<br><br>Help,<br><br>Kim

ok,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;here is what you do? Open up the Proxy server Management<br>Console.<br>Next your server will be visible on the left.<br>Click on the server, and on the right dbl-click on web proxy.<br>The Web Proxy property box opens up.<br>now, click on 'Client Configuration'<br>The lower box will read 'Browser Automatic Configuration script'<br>Now click 'properties'<br>click the check box that says 'dont use proxy service for ip address'<br>and add the clients ip to the box<br><br>see if this works and get bact to me !<br>: )<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back