Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bypass permission in ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycott

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
CA
Hi,
We have an old database that we haven't used for a couple of months. Now I have a user that needs to have access to it but nobody seems to have access to it. Even to modify the ACL.

So my question is: Is there a way or a tool that I can use to bypass the ACL or modify it even if I dont have the permissions to do it.

Thanks a lot.
Boycot

Its your db and you haven't access to it ?
Strange.

You should be able to check the ACL in the Administrator client. With full admin access, you should be able to change that ACL also. If you do not have Admin access, or Manager access, or physical access to the server, then there is nothing you can do.

Given the above, there may just be a little "hack" that you can use :
Check the ACL to ensure that the "Enforce ACL across all replicas" is not checked. If it is, your Administrator will have to find a way to change it. If it is not, then you could maybe do as follows :
1) shut down the server
2) access the db locally via Notes Client
3) modify the ACL and restart the server

Note that, if you can get the list of people who do have access, then you should be able to recreate the ID of someone who does and access it that way.

Pascal.

It did not worked.

If you have another idea, it would help me.

I don't know why nobody has access to it, maybe it is corrupt.

Thanks

Boycot

If you have access to the server and know the password for the server id then you could open it on the server.

look for a program called nlnotes.exe it's in the domino directory. open it. put in the server password then go to
File>Databases>open and select the database. You will be opening and manageing the database as the server. If that doesn't work I dont what will

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back