Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bypass ARS on ISDN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

td1019

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2007
US
How can you make a call bypass ARS. Issue I am onsite at a plant that has their own onsite first responders so all 911 calls route to the onsite responders. However those responders are on the avaya system so I need to give them a way to call 911 if they have to call in more assistance.

In ars I am intercepting 911 and routing it to the command center and if a user just dials 911 I have an intercept in uniform dial plan to take it to the command center.

All T1's are PRI

( all legalities with this scenario have been taken care of with local government )

This can be done a few ways:

You and add a false entry in ARS, i.e. 5555, Min: 4, Max:4, fnpa and send it to a unique Route pattern. In the Route Pattern delete the 5555 and insert '911' and route it out over your local trunk group.

If you are using Uniform Dial Plan (UDP), you could assign an extension number, send it to the AAR table and massage the digits there and send it to the Route Pattern.

Kevin

I must be missing something. In list trace on the station I get a denial event when dialing 5111

change uniform-dialplan 5 Page 1 of 2
UNIFORM DIAL PLAN TABLE
Percent Full: 0

Matching Insert Node
Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num
5111 4 0 aar n

change aar analysis 5111 Page 1 of 2
AAR DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
5111 4 4 4 unku

change route-pattern 4 Page 1 of 3