Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buying a copy of VFP7 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

205xld

Programmer
Jul 26, 2003
GB
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of VFP7? Our software bloke has managed to mislay our MSDN installation disk and I can't seem to find anyone still selling this version.

I'm located in the UK, so either international distributors or UK distributors please.

Please don't just tell me "you should upgrade to VFP9"!

Many thanks

Graham

Graham,

Please don't just tell me "you should upgrade to VFP9"!

OK, I won't.

I appreciate you just want to re-instate your copy of 7.0 and have good reason for not upgrading just now. But the fact is that 7.0 is no longer available for normal retail sale.

I just did a quick search of all my usual software suppliers, and they all list VFP 7.0 has being discontinued. Unless you can find a copy on eBay or by private sale, I'm afraid you might be out of luck.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

I believe so. If it's an MSDN 'volume licence key' (i.e. not printed on and specific to just that one disk) I should be able to find it in with the rest of the MSDN disks. Why do you ask?

if you have an MSDN subscription, you should be able to download VFP 7 and it's service packs directly from the subscriber download area.

rcpis1

Thank you all for your help. Luckily I managed to find someone in the firm who had a copy from a couple of years ago in the back of a drawer, so I'm OK now.

Useful info about downloads from MSDN - I'll look into that.

Regards

Graham

Since VFP7 is *still on* MSDN, you could always request a replacement disk from MSDN for your current subscription, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back