Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

buttons not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastingforhours

Programmer
Dec 29, 2004
US
sooo, i have two button symbols on the stage of a swf, and that swf is loaded into another swf. doing so, for some reason, totally disables my buttons and i cant figure out how to fix it.

im pretty sure the problem is being caused by the swf being loaded into another swf because if i open just that swf by itself, the buttons work. its embarrassing and very confusing to not be able to make a simple button work haha. any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Matt Milburn, Wave Motion Studios
matt@wavemotionstudios.com

hmm, i tried setting _lockroot to true for all the movies that get loaded into the main movie, tried setting _lockroot to true for each individual button, even tried setting _lockroot to true for the container that the movies are loaded into, still no success. ive never had this problem before with loading movieclips.

heres the link if you want to see the problem in action, go to the sponsors or event info pages, they have a small list of buttons on the left side.

--

ah, nevermind, i figured it out. thanks for the help though.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back