Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

buttons and Netscape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

salamander

Programmer
Dec 17, 2000
US
Does somebody know why my buttons work fine in IE, but not at all in Netscape?I tried having a splash page that automatically redirected to a home page, but it would hang in Netscape.So I put a button on the splash page with the home page URL, but for some reason, this doesn't work with Netscape 4.5.I'm not new to Flash, and my buttons work fine in older Netscape versions. What's going on???!!!

I have NS 4.76 (& NS 6. is out), can try it if post your url.
Other thought... syntax?

;-)

is where I'm testing the site right now. Oldnewbie, I'd love to find out if it works in NS 4.7. I'm guessing that anything past 4.1 or so isn't going to work.

I'm confused here! What buttons weren't working for you? Outside a few missing htmls, and a home button missing on Tour, I can navigate very easily on your site with either browser, Explorer5 and Netscape 4.76.
Can you be more specific on what's not working for you?

;-)

Oldnewbie, Great news! I guess I'll have to assume that this is a bug in NS 4.5 --not present in NS 4.0, and fixed by NS 4.76. (?)

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Is there a simple way to have multiple versions of NS on my computer so that I can check sites using each?

I suppose keeping them in separate folders with different shortcuts... as I do for MediaPlayer(hate MediaPlayer7!), good thing I kept version6, I can always go back to it!
Still interested to know what's not working for you on your site with 4.5!

Take care!

;-)

In NS 4.5, none of the buttons worked. Nothing. The splash page downloads, looks real pretty, but the buttons to home and "slow connections" don't work. If you type in a URL beyond the splash page, you will go to the subsequent page, but the buttons on that page don't work either. In other words (and in the meantime I have tried this on NS 4.6 too: though 4.7 works as you so kindly pointed out) the site is unnavigable from NS 4.5/4.6 browsers.

Something, perhaps, for Flashers to consider? Maybe try one of your sites using 4.5/4.6, oldnewbie. If it works, I'd have to mess my pants (and start all over).

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back