Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

button won't work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastRadius

Programmer
Nov 13, 2001
CA
Ok here it is... I have created and invisible button and place an instance of it on the stage. The actions for the button are activated by an on key press event. This button is only on the first frame of the movie. When the movie loads the button will not work on the key press event but refresh the page and the button will work fine. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get the button to work without having to refresh the page?

That was discussed in this Thread250-179331.

Seems to be a keyboard focus problem, until the movie has been at least clicked once!

...And here's the link I had found, in that thread, to resolve the problem of having to click the movie to "enable" the keyboard, or to actually give it focus:

Maybe that javascript method would work for you!

Regards,
new.gif

This looks good, I still haven't got my on key press working to load movies so this may work.

Cheers Old..... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back