Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

button won't work as a hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

zencalc

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2002
US
Hi all;
I've got a problem I can't seem to resolve...
I've created a button for users to push and link to another page. When I'm in FrontPage and right click to folow the hyperlink it works fine, but when on the page and click the button, "nuttin!" Also, I've put a hit counter on the main page, but when displayed, the hit counter has the big X of gloom. I'll admit I'm a neophyte to this stuff, but using the native help menu, I now know enough to be merely dangerous to myself. Thanks in advance for your help.
Brian

How do you publish your web pages to your web server, where is the page you are linking to, in the same directory as the page with the link, is it on the same server? As for the hit counter, they usually have an image file .gif or .jpg or .bmp, if it's one you dowlowded they usually are in the dowlowded directory and they need to be added to your web directory. If you had the hit counter saved somewhere and then pasted to your page it would do this. If you right click on the X of gloom and click "properties" it should show you where from and the image file name that it's trying to pull up, then you know exactly what file you need and where you need to put it. Also in FP if you "hilite" the counter, then click the HTML tab on the bottom you can scroll down until you see the hilited texed and you should see the path and the file it's looking for.

Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back