Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button to adjust Ringer Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2006
US
3x8 with 7310 phones:
My users want a button to adjust ringer volume so I try to program one by doing:
Feat*3 + button + feat*80
But system won't let me type in 80? Whats the deal is there a workaround, users should be able to change volume without knowing feature codes.

While the phone is ringing use the volume control on set. This is the same volume control you use to adjust the handset volume when on a call.

tell your customers that the volume bar is used to adjust all the volumes it just depends on what is actualy making noise at the time is what you are adjusting. (note the short silence between rings when a phone is ringing will not allow you to adjust the ring vol.. it has to be actually ringing at the time.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Leaving the handset down, do Feature * 80, adjust the loudness for ringer volume by pressing the volume bar.For voice volume, go on the inc., then press the volume bar up or down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back