Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button rollover issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmay3141

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
US
I'm very new to Flash so this probably isn't all that difficult. I want to change a pushbutton so it will be brighter when my cursor is over it. I've managed to do that (I went into the library and changed fpb_over, deleted frame5, added a new symbol that was just a lighter colored square than the default and named it frame5). It seems to work, except when I mouse over the new symbol moves SLIGHTLY (1 or 2 pixels) to the right and everything else stays as it should. The bigger the button is, the more it moves to the right. I've checked multiple times and all of the symbols in fpb_over have the same coordinates and width that they do in fpb_up, so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. What else do I have to change to get this to work?

instead of messing around with the push button you will find it a lot easier to get the effect you are looking for by just creating your own button

Funny that someone who use to push on the use of a component every second thread, now says that they should be somewhat avoided...

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back