Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button Question! Urgent! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippsy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2002
AU
Okay i'm making a button.....its in the shape of a bullet..when u put your cursor over it the words spin around it ....and then when u click it ..it shoots off and fades (alpha o)...so i made a movie clip where a bullet flies off..stuck it in the down stage of the button ....but when i play and click on the button it only plays the first frame of the movie clip and stops....i hope u understand all this crap lol. any help is appreciated ..oh and if i hold down the mouse it plays...but of course that isn't good enough :(

You can't do it that way! You need 2 seperate symbols, the button and the movie clip. Movie clip must have an instance name so that you can target it to play from your button press. Movie clip should also have a stop action on its first frame, so that it will not play until told to do so. With both symbols on stage, right-click the button and in the actions window, add something like this:

on (press) {
_root.movieclip_instancename.gotoAndPlay(2);
} Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back