Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button Programming to park a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Links007

Programmer
Jun 14, 2005
US
Sorry, I am a noob, I was given a very small crash course and now I am figuring out the basics. I programmed a button to send a call to a park area like this #122 7060N and another button to pick that line up with the code 7060. But what I want to do is have that button do the first part #122 706 and have the user press the last number like 1 so the user can choose what spot to park the call on. When I try this I get an error, like I need some sort of special code to tell the system that I want the user to press the last key. Thank you for any information you can give me.

You can't do that.

The park codes in NPL (Numbering PLan) are eg 7060-7069. When you program a key it must include the full park code (or any code in NPL). For instance, if you xtns were 700-709 then you couldn't have a key that just has 70 on it and it lets you enter the last digit. Not that you'd do that anyway but it makes the point.

You options are:
1. Program the key for just #122
2. Alter the NPL to make the park codes shorter eg 701, 702, 703 or even 71, 71, 73. The problem with this is that they will overlap with other things in the NPL so you'd need to alter all those things so they don't clash. Also, 71-79 (10 slots) may not be enough for your company.

Thank you for the information. I will go with option 1 and also program a free button to park into the first slot 7060 and if they need to park on the next slot they will have to transfer it to that spot and dial the 7061...

I only have to deal with 6 people so training is not too bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back