Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busyout TN2224 in Definity R013x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumUser01

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
Hello Experts,

We have Avaya G650 /8700 running Definity R013x.01.2.632.1. The system got few unused TN2224 (Digital line-24 Port, 2 wire) and I want to remove the boards from the system to bring down the support costs. Searching in this wonderful forum, I found very helpful thread...

I would like to know the exact command for busyout the card. The options Iam getting after busyout...

access-endpoint data-module fiber-link ipserver-interface
mis modem-pool pnc-standby pri-endpoint
signalling-group station trunk

Is there any way I can busy out the entire board?

Thank you in advance
MS

If "board" doesn't show when you type "busy" and then "help", then you don't have permissions to busy boards. Even if the board was busied out it would still show up on a maintenance inventory. I would remove all translations and unseat the board (even 1/4 inch), or box it up and keep it as a spare.

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

If there are no ports assigned, just pop the board out. There is no need to busy anything out.

Kevin

Thank you both. Majrity of the boards are empty (Port usage -None)
but couple of boards with 1-2 extensions that are not being used. Can I just 'busyout' the extension/station and remove the board?

Thank you
MS

Great.. That worked like charm. I guess I can also remove the ext as they are no longer used. Will that work as well or 'X' is the only way?

Thanks again
MS

Yes. Just do 'remove station [extension]'. You can do that without changing the port.

Kevin

I tried to mark this thread answred/star but not working. How to rate the post?

Thanks
MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back