Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy Tone on recordings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aineog1

Technical User
Apr 21, 2008
IE
Both the below threads are closed with no solutions:
thread1409-1332958
thread1409-1428549

I have a client on a Nortel Option 81 with 32 channels TDM recording using Witness eQuality.
There are about 10/120 agent phones coming up as busy on the recordings. Same phones having the problem all the time.
To test: When we use the observe function on a supervisor set we get busy tone so this would logically point to another supervisor observing, but no supervisors in the call centre use the observe key or even the live monitor function on Witness.
If we just reset the agent set by doing a change on the Nortel PBX, it clears the busy tone.

Does anyone know what is triggering this? Is there some software bug on Witness or Meridian(Rls4.5)?
I don't think it could it be the channels on the PBX dedicated to the Witness call recording ~ I have checked their status & they seem to be changing states without any issues...

We don't maintain Witness, but the third party has been less than helpful, which is why I can't check the Witness site for bugs.

Any ideas?

there are two possibilities.... the first one is: at the recorder manager is setting in the voice card the "warm tone" function..... the second one: do you could apply a witness patch to solve this issue... I´ve alredy saw both than.

Thanks Julio: It's an older version of eQuality - so I think the customer is due an upgrade, patching seems to most likely solution.

In the interim;
I reset the problem phones, which got rid of the busy tone. I also got the 3rd party support for Witness to ensure all the settings were correct(some were not).
Then I reset the cards that provide the link for Witness monitoring & got the 3rd party support to reboot the Witness servers after the changes.

The problem has not reoccured as yet...
If it does, I'll get the 3rd party to check the recorder manager voice card "warm tone" function.

Thanks for your help again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back