Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy signal with more than 6 calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworksOnsite

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
I have a NBX 100 with two analog line cards and 8 phone lines. We noticed that with 6 concurrent calls the 7th person calling us will hear a busy signal. We power cycled the NBX and now we get the busy signal on the 8th caller. All 8 lines have dial tone and I am able to call each of them individually and they ring. I'm not sure if I have a configuration issue, defective line card, or is this normal. Also, our receptionist is answering the calls and putting us on hold while we were calling and testing so is she using the 8th line?

If you can call each one individually, and can go off-hook by dialing the extension of the line card port, then it sounds like your service provider may not have the last line in a hunt group. I'm thinking it's a hunt group issue because you say that you can call each one directly and that fact that you are getting a busy and not the auto attendant.

How many System or Call Keys do you have on the phone you are checking? I have had a lot of problems with the front phone not having enough lines programed on the phone.

Just a start

I have had no problems with Analog line cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back