Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

busy signal when pressing 9!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icet500

Vendor
Aug 25, 2015
US
there are some rooms that when they dial 9 to dial out, they get a fast busy.
Ive checked the COR and COS and seems like there is no restriction whatsoever. the same COR and COS is used with other rooms, but some can dial out and some can't!
The ones that can't dial out, can dial internally ok!

Not sure where to check specially when I do list trace, I get this error ""Extensions defined only as pextension in dialplan cannot be specified"

Any help would be appreciated!

'cha dial ana'

Prefixed extension — Identifies the call type as an extension. After digit
collection, the prefix digit is removed from the string of dialed digits. The
remaining digits make up the extension number and are then processed. With
a prefixed extension, extensions numbers with any dialed string can be used.
The extension length must be specified on the table.

Thank you,
I did Cha dial ana and I can see Dialed String= 7 Total length= 4 is set as pext. the extension Im trying to trace is 103 but I can't because that error. not sure what to do or what to check!!!!

Almost sounds like 103 isn't the full extension number. What happens when you use 'change station 103'?
Or you can type "list station port xxyzz' if you know what port it's wired to.

Is the TN (Tenant Partition) the same for stations that can dial and those that cannot? Stations that cannot dial out may be in a Tenant Partition that does not have permission to reach the Tenant Partition that has the trunks. Both stations can be assigned the same COS but the TN will determine what COS-GROUP they are in.

* When I do a change station 103, it opens station form 103. like any other extension. the dial plan has no 3-digit defined as extensions tho!!![ponder]

* Under station form 103, the TN is set to 1 same as the other extensions that are working.

Hmmm.... Let's back up a bit. When you say there are no 3-digit extensions defined in your dialplan analysis, that's a bit disconcerting.

What software version of CM are you running?
Are you using System Manager to look at information or a terminal emulator (ASA, PuTTY, or TuTTY) to get to the CM console?
Using ASA (or PuTTY), can you run a "list station" and see all your 3-digit stations? Let it run (keep pressing Next Page). Does the command complete successfully or does it fail with any errors?
What does your dialplan analysis look like? Copy and paste the text and mark it as "code" (the button with "<>" right next to the little present (spoiler) above. You should end up with something like this:

Code:
display dialplan analysis                                       Page   1 of  12
                             DIAL PLAN ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed   Total  Call     Dialed   Total  Call     Dialed   Total  Call
    String   Length Type     String   Length Type     String   Length Type
 0             1  ext
 0             4  ext
 1             3  ext
 2             3  ext
 3             3  ext
 555           7  ext
 6             10 ext
 7             10 ext
 8             4  pext
 9             1  fac
 *0            4  fac
 #             4  dac
 #0            4  fac

CM 6.1
ASA, I can do list stations and see all 3 digit extensions with no errors.

d_jeohuo.jpg

Huh. OK. Well...
I'm really not sure why you can have a 3-digit extension starting with "1". I'll admit I'm not an expert when it comes to Prefixed Extensions but I don't think this is the way they work.

Sorry, I'll have to let someone else explain that.

Thanks for you all for your help so far, but any other idea would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back