Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy signal when calling fax number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondojordo

Programmer
Nov 2, 2012
US
Hello,

I have a station created as a fax, which is ported on our PRI and is connected through our Avaya Analog board.
This line has been in perfect working condition for quite some time, and no changes have been made to it.

What the user and myself are experiencing is this:
When you first initially call the fax number, whether internally or externally, I get dial tone and then fax tone.
If I hang up and try calling it again, I receive a busy signal.
While tracing this call, I see that the line is still busy.
I've also received a couple denial events, which seem to change each time I test and trace it.

I've monitored the timing it takes to wait and call the line again without receiving the busy signal, and its approximately 30 seconds, which seems pretty ridiculous.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this happens and if there is a resolution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Hi Mate,

when call is answered by Fax Machine, its expecting a handshake, as you are ringing from a normal station, Fax Machine answers and now waits for FAx Comms ie handshake, when no data comes in, it waits for timeout and then disconnects. you need to get on to Fax machine, browse through settings and check for timeout options.

Regards,
Kaleem
=======================
Do not seek knowledge for four aims:
1: Self-glorification in front of people of knowledge
2: Quarreling with the ignorant
3: Showing off in gatherings of people
4: Attracting attention of people in order to secure an office of authority
Hazrat ALI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search