Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

busy signal in hunt group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaaaron1

MIS
Mar 9, 2001
US
O.K. I can't figure this out. I've got a workgroup using hunt #2 using ACD, Queue and night service that goes to voice mail. Now there are 4 different 800 lines, each pointing to their own hunt group and I use one coverage path to direct them all to hunt #2.
When they put hunt #2 into night service all the 800#'s give a busy signal instead of dumping into the night service location.

Can anybody tell me what i'm overlooking here?

Thanks

Aaron

Fast busy or slow busy? I'm guessing slow busy, and the response below assumes this.

When HG #2 is put into night service, the PBX no longer recognizes it as a valid point to forward to.

The same type of thing occurs on multipoint coverage paths that include remote coverage points within a DCS network. If all the coverage points are on send, the PBX returns a busy signal, instead of ring-no-answer. The down & dirty approach to fix this is to leave at least one of the phones off SAC, so at least the caller gets RNA.

I can't think of a down & dirty fix for you; seems like you'll either have to duplicate night service on the other trunk groups, or do something creative with vectors.

So it's not vector controlled? I use time of day to "direct traffic" so we don't use night service, but I do know that if the voice mail huntgroup (Audix) isn't the last coverage point for a huntgroup, calls will never reach voice mail. It just gives a busy signal.

Jaimie

Im not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish but just FYI you cannot have a call go to more then one coverage point. IE if the call is sent to coverage path 1 and path one points to say a hunt then it will not go to hunt 2 when no one answers..

José B. Olagues
Telephony Administrator
NACIO Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back