Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy Signal if one line is busy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomi008

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
US
We have 6 analog lines connected to the merlin system and it was working fine until we recently changed the service provider. If one line is busy out of these six then it gives busy signal to inside or outside callers. I thought it could be the hunting issue and called XO which is our new SP and they said all these lines are already in a hunting group. What else could be the issue? I will appreciate your help.

What could it be?

They probably don't know what they are talking about.

They control the hunting and if you are getting a busy when 1 line is busy, it's their problem.

The key was when you said:

"it was working fine until we recently changed the service provider"

If it was working before you changed and now it's not, what ever could it be?

I have had similar issues when a customer changed to Time Warner Business Class, TW does not have the ability to due a rotary(cicular) hunt. All calls must hit the first trunk in their hunt group or they return a busy signal. (Cust dumped TW and went back.

HUNTING, is a big issue, in that most of the cable TV providers don't know telephony, and are totally clueless about HUNTING lines, circular or otherwise!! Even though they are using 5ESS or DMS100, etc. switches, they don't even know what features they have or how to use them!!

If you want real telephony stay away from CableCos!!!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back