Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy out calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w810i

Technical User
Jun 15, 2006
PH
Hi,

Can anybody know or is it possible to busy out a trunk calls when the group destination are all engage?

For exmaple:

I have ten trunk lines PSTN(hunting group) then i forwarded those ten trunk lines to a hunting group(extension1, extension2, 3, 4 and 5). So when all that expension are engage, and when a new call comes in it should busy out because the 5 extensions are engage. But whats happening right now is when those 5 extension are engage then a new call comes in it will just continue to ring until 1 extension is available. So i wanted to busy out the calls when the 5 extensions are engage.

Any idea guys..

Thank you,
Randy

Sorry this is not possible. The only way to busy out an analog circuit is to actually take it off hook because it is the CO that is supplying the busy back to the calling party no the PBX. The CO only sees the line as busy (engaged)if the PBX goes off hook and accesses that circuit.
You would be better having the phone company only have 5 trunks in the hunt group and not the 10. That way they control the number of calls coming in.
What you are trying to achieve is possible with DID circuits where a busy can be played back to the caller form the PBX but as stated previously it is not possible with analog ring in circuits. This is just the way these types of trunks work and not a PBX/phone system limitation.
Having said that you can build a UCD group that will activate a relay when all members are busy. Using this relay you could short the other analog trunks effectively making them busy (engaged) to the phone company. Only trouble is if you want to make outgoing calls on these circuits they would not be available.

Thank you very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back