Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Views and Managed Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flopper

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
AT
Greetings,

I'm taking the first XI certfication exam soon, and i'm concerned with my lack of knowledge of BO Enterprise. I've been using Crystal since v5, and i would describe myself as an advance CR user, although i'm just getting up to date with CRXI. However, i've not seen much of Enterprise as none of my employers have used the software. I have Annette Harpers CRCP 10 book as a study guide but you're all aware the content of the exams have since changed. The CRCP exam guide states knowledge of the following is required:

"Saving a report to BO Enterprise"
"Publish reports to a BO Enterprise"

I'm certain they've gonna sneak in a more detailed question to stump me out...

So, in a nutshell what should i be concentrating on with regards to BO Enterprise?

Many thanks

Flopper

Hi,

I would be sure to know about the different ways of publishing reports to BOE -

1 - Through the workbench, they can also be published as objects packages (bundles of reports that can be scheduled as a singular entity) through there.

2 - Through the Publishing Wizard.

3 - Saving directly from CR.

Also, know that when you log onto the Repository you are logging onto BOE (that was a question I got on my test). Also, I would play around with using BVs as a data source for dynamic parameters. Even though I didn't get any questions on this, I do know people who did.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Thanks Trixie,

The only problem is that i don't have any Enterprise software and thus it'll be quite difficult for me to play around with BVs.

I'll soon find out if i have enough information...

i am curious as to how you would get this software? is it in my crystal dev box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back