Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Portal - Building Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2006
US
Good day to you all,

We're trying to build an environment that replicates our business portal (BP) environment (2.5 with feature pack) to test the BP 3.0 upgrade. We found KB articles with instructions to move the SharePoint and BP databases to another server (862672 & 892724) but we are having problems.

The problem is that after installing SharePoint, I can't get it to connect to the existing configuration database that is now on the new database server. The app pool on SharePoint and the config database on SQL were created by the same domain user (DOMAIN\sts_user) and the domain user has the correct domain and database rights. When I try SharePoint central administration to connect to the config database using SQL authentication I see an error that the login failed for DOMAIN\sts_user (even though I can log onto the domain with the sts_user's credentials. When I log in as the sts_user and try to connect to the config database using Windows authentication i see error "You cannot change the SQL Server authentication mode of an existing configuration database. You must use the same authentication mode that was used when the configuration database was created."

Any thoughts on why my DOMAIN\sts_user isn't authenticating to the SQL server even though the account is correct on the database and on the domain? Is it possible to change the authentication type of the content database to allow Windows authentication? I just don't understand this as you have to import the configuration database into the new server and I assume that is why it has SQL authentication.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back