Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects XI R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

puliraja10

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
US
Hi,

I am Scheduling crystal reports in Business object xi r2. In my reports i m giving Database connections like string, username and password. my question is I dont want to give database connections to all reports. i want to give a windows username and password as a set to default username and password of the all reports. everytime no need to give database connections for new reports and modifing the reports.

when ever i deploy the new report in to my CMC i dont want to give username and password. i want to take username and password as windows login and password. if i modify the report. i dont want to change database connections. after modify the reports that report will take automatically windows user id and password.

Is there any way to give windows login username and password to default as a crystal report database username and password.

if there is possible to give username and password, plz give me reply..

Thanks,
Raja

Are you connecting to a Universe or CLI/ODBC?

In the CMC you can enable login for the object.

Using Crystal with a universe is a major pain if you move from development to production.

Hopefully BO will pay attention to this problem as reconnecting the datasource to a rpt on the CMS is a very cumbersome process.

rwjohn

HI

Thanks for responding to my mail. I am connecting to ODBC...

Thanks
Raja..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back