Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

business objects xi 3.1 import wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbomrrsm

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
GB
I am trying to import a webintelligence report from XI Release 2.

The import wizard seems to run ok and indeed creates the folder structure on the destination(R3.1). However, the report itself does not appear.

I have tried this with what feels like every single combination of options in the wizard but all that every gets created is the folder structure that the report lives in on the source.

Any hlep as to why the report will not import would be much appreciated.

DBomrrsm

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

Are you logging in as Administrator when you use the Import Wizard? Sometimes it's not enough to have Admin access, you have to actually be logged in as the Administrator user.

Are you importing both the report AND the universe it uses? If not, that could also be your problem.

Check the default settings on the report in your XI R2 instance - are there any events or other objects that it is dependent on? If so, are they included in your import?

Are you importing object rights with your report and universe? If so, are you also importing the user groups that have access to the report (or users if you've set security at the report/user level.)

Note that if you've already imported some of these things and are importing just the report as a "last step" sort of thing, it won't work correctly. When importing a report, you have to import all of the objects it uses (with the exception of object rights) at the same time or else it may not work correctly. For example, even if the universe already exists in the destination environment, frequently you'll have to import the universe along with the report in order to get things to connect together correctly.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hilfy

Thanks for the information I will give those things a try and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

dbomrrsm

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back