Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects VBA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigo987

Programmer
Jun 23, 2002
US
I have a problem that I am wondering if anyone could help me solve.

In the Before Refresh Event of a document I would like to edit the SQL of the data provider.

i.e.

Before the documents is refreshed I would like to give the user the option to do an enquiry on either product code or supplier code and depending on the reponse change the where clause of the data provider to either:

1. stock_table.product_code = @Prompt('Enter Product Code',...) ...

or

2. stock_table.supplier_code = @Prompt('Enter Supplier Code',...) ...

If this can be done I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Email rodrigo@ananzi.co.za

If you check out there's some sample code of how to use a custom form instead of the default business objects.

Snaffle what you can from the site, if you get stuck, let us know.

I have Customized the prompt Using VBA Script but when I am scheduling this document using the Broadcast Agent The prompt is not popping up, not only that BCA is throwing an error 0x800706be The remote procedure call failed.

Is there any specific way to schedule a Report with VBA macro that to prompting user to enter some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back