Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects - User Rights Issue - Unable to refresh reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi,
We have BO XI installed here in production, we have also imported all the reports, folders & universes. We have mixed authentication being used here - AD & Enterprise.
Now comes the problem, after setting all the users and groups, no user other than the admiinistrator is able to refresh any report.

And we get an error message : You do not have rights to access data in this universe. See your business objects administrator (Error:INF)

Have checked the user rights for all the users and groups and granted them all the rights including object, web i and univrse rights.

Can anybody help??

Thanks in advance....
Hari...

Data Refresh rights to a universe based report (WEBI, DESKI or Crystal) can be set at the Folder level, Report Object Level, Universe level and the Universe Connection level. In addition you can set refresh data rights in the Web Intelligence application.

I'll assume you are talking about a WEBI report.

The Group the user belongs to should be added to the rights tab for the folder containing the report. Under the advanced options, under the Web Intelligence heading you'll find the refresh data right. If set this will be inherited by the report. Use the Check User rights button for the group you are trying to grant access rights to.

For the universe used by the report, the same group should be added to the rights tab and the refresh data right granted the same as above.

The Universe connection used by the Universe used by the report should also have the group added to the rights tab.

Thanks for your suggestion. I had actually checked all of these options before posting the query. But luckily, i found a way out. I re-exported the universes from Designer granding rights to everyone and it worked!!

Thanks for hints n suggestion,
Hari..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back