Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects: Timeout after 600000 milliseconds / 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbugeja

Programmer
Jul 17, 2008
MT
Hello All,

We are using Crystal Reports Server XI Edition with Apache Tomcat 5.0.27 on a Win XP machine. Our problem is that when we try to view a report that takes longer than 10 minutes the following error is displayed: "The request timed out because there has been no reply from the server for 600,000".

Basically, we have a reporting application hosted on the built-in Web server that comes with CRS. This application issues a call to OpenDocument(..) Business Objects API Function that apparently is timing out.

Here's a short snippet:

// Create an IReportAppFactory object
IReportAppFactory reportAppFactory = (IReportAppFactory) enterpriseSession.getService("RASReportFactory");

// Use the IReportAppFactory object to create a ReportClientDocument object using the IInfoObject retrieved in the query above
clientDoc = reportAppFactory.openDocument(infoObject.getID(),0, java.util.Locale.US);

Is there a way that we can change this parameter. We changed this parameter from the Windows registry but we are getting the same error. The report is correct but apparently if the query takes longer than 10 minutes to get executed then we get this error.

Is there a way we can set this parameter to perhaps 20 minutes.

The BO version is 11.5.3.438

Your help is really appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
Joseph.

There are serveral places where timeouts can be caused by the server. However, the message you are getting is not one I have seen before. Make sure (using the CMC) that all the timeouts are properly set for each XI Service.

Also, take a look at adding timeout settings to the command line (from the CCM) for each service. This has been discussed at length at
Steve Krandel
Intuit

Hello All,

I changed all the registry entries where the value 600000 was located and replaced that with 2400000. I also changed the 10 minutes timeout found in CRCConfig.xml (timeout tag) and in web.xml of Tomcat (session-timeout tag) but I still keep getting this same error. The request timed out because there has been no reply from the server for 600,000 milliseconds.

I debugged the code and apparently the error is being produced from the line:
ByteArrayInputStream byteArrayInputStream = (ByteArrayInputStream) clientDoc.getPrintOutputController().export(ReportExportFormat.PDF);

So, basically if the report that longer than 10 minutes then the error is produced from the Crystal Reports Server.

Any ideas would be very appreciated!

Regards,
Joseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back