Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Intelligence Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

duduCOM

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2010
Hi all,
I've been invited for a 'functional assessment' for a BI position in a big telecomunications firm.
please advise me on possible questions to expect in the 'assessment'/interview.
Thanks

P.S - I'm currently a project manager though I've attended a session on SAP and know a bit about RDBMS. I wonder is these qualities put me in a good position concerning the BI position.

Have a Look..

And I would specifically look for online tests and such for business intelligence.

At our company, I know that the business intelligence folks work a lot with SQL Server, and MS Reporting Services. In general, I believe a BI person is expected to know some fairly advanced SQL, MSOffice, and general reporting technologies. What is required for the set company will vary to what products they use. But since they list it AS Business Intelligence, I'd guess first that they use MS products.

Microsoft has a whole site dedicated to this as well,

And if you REALLY want to seek it out, there are various courses/certificates/degrees out there specifically for Business Intelligence. I thought about it myself, and found a school with a full Bachelors and/or MBA degree focusing in Business Intelligence. I think it was in Massachusetts, and was a Catholic school - If I remember correctly.

But generally speaking, b/c of what BI is focussed on, I believe I'd want to mainly brush up on SQL code, getting data to/from various SQL servers (MS SQL Server, Oracle perhaps, etc), but it really is going to depend upon what the company uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back