Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

business card-front/back printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoiyoi

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
i have designed a business card in illustrator and need to put in a design on the back of the card. does anyone know how i do that so i can print a card with designs both in front and at the back of the card
thanks for your responses

It all depends is you have a duplex (Duplex: will automatically print both sides) printer or of you are going to have a printing company do it. If you are going to do it youself and you do not have a duplex printer. Make the business card as 2 file and print the one side of your cards then run the back of your cards though. Alignment will be tricky. If you have a duplex printer then please specify the make and model.

Thanks Bexconsulting,
I'll be sending it to a printer so, how do i set it up ready for printing on both sides? By the way how do i find out if my printer is a duplex
thanks

You just set up two documents, one for the front and one for the back, You Printshop will take care of the rest.
I would say that if you don't know what it is then it's good bet you don't have duplex unit connected to you printer.
In most printers it fits inside and enables you to print both side of the paper without have to run the paper through again.
From my dealings with them Duplex units are not that cheap...
If you have one, your print setup menu should have an option to print duplex

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back