Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

busines objects license

Status
Not open for further replies.

mur76

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
Hi,

May I know how Business objects will charge for each person license?

I need to provide estimates to my project manager, based on this they want to go ahead with BO.

Thnks
Murali

No way anyone can tell you this. Every implementation is different. What you buy depends on your requirements. Assume a full-use license is about $1300.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Does this include the license cost for a designer and supervisor ? Won't those be needed for implementation?
You are best off contacting Business Objects or their representatives for a quote.

Designer and Supervisor are no longer sold as separate products. Their price is embedded in the price of every licensed user.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Hi,

I have some questions regarding BO that I'd like to add on to this thread.

I know Business Objects has different levels of user's. I wanted to know what the name and functionality of these are. I have contacted my rep for BO, but I receive a response to budget 1500 per user (It was stated that a basic license is around 500 and for a full user it would be 1300 ...assuming the maint fees brings it up to 1500). However, we would probably only have 3-5 Full license, 10-15 people who would use the OLAP functionality, and 20-100 people who would just receive a static crystal report.

Does someone have a list of different user levels, descriptions and pricing that they received on their quote?

I realize that I should be talking to my rep about it, but I wanted to know what others were told

Thanks for your help,

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back