Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burning & RWing CD-Rs & RWs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robherc

Programmer
Apr 20, 1999
US
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Does anyone have a fav. program for CD buring to give me a head start? (I really want to be able to make bootables & low-level copying would <b><i>DEFINATELY</i></b> be a plus on my list)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Please let me know your thoughts on the topic. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

As far as am aware there is not any programs under linux to support bootable cd making. But if you do find one then let me know because I want it as well!!! <p>Simon Jones<br><a href=mailto:sijones@talk21.com>sijones@talk21.com</a><br><a href= Allandale Youth Works</a><br>The above is all my own site I look after!!!<br>
God am good!!! and good lookin :)

Umm I <i>do</i> have reference to one somewhere in the readme.txt file on my FreeBSD 3.2 CD. Once I get home I'll se if I cant get you a few specs on it. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Look for xcdroast. That will do the job

Thanks for the info Ron....will look for it ;) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Ron-<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you have a URL where I can download xcdroast? I don't think I have it on any of my distrib CDs.<br>
<br>
All-<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Does anyone know of a *nix CD-ROM burning program that doesn't require you to use a SCSI CD-RW drive? If so; please give me @ least a name & I'll search the whole internet twice to find it (if I have to, that is).<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I know I can lie to my box & get it to <i>think</i> that the IDE drive is a SCSI, but with how often I switch distribs I'd <i>really</i> rather not have to memorize 6 diff procedures for fooling the machine into using and IDE drive like a SCSI ;)<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks!!! <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back