Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burning CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mslaffsalot

Vendor
Jul 19, 2001
US
I just bought and installed my 1st CD-RW drive. It is a SONY 24X/10X/40X CRX175A2. I hated the software that came with the drive, so I downloaded Nero 5.5.7.2 and tried to burn a copy of my Office 97 CD as a back up. Okay, I put in my CD and click and drag the CD to Nero's copy section and the grid on the bottom goes and then when it stops, the little burn button becomes accessable on the toolbar. I remove the recorded CD and install a blank CD and tell it to burn. It does it, but right before it finishes, I get a lot of "device not ready" error messages scrolling by. Then I get a buffer underwritten error message. Then it says the copy was successful. I take out the copied disk, shut down Nero and insert the recorded CD, when I click on setup, I get this error message,"Setup.exe is not a valid Win 32 application. WHAT DO I DO NOW!?! Please help, any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tracey

Ii may be that the copy of nero you downloaded is not compatable with your os or the version you downloaded may also just be a incomplete version depending on where you downloaded it from.I would recommend roxys easy cd creator if you can not get nero to work right.

I've used Nero for a while now, and am perfectly happy (well almost) with it's performance.

Can't think exactly what your problem might be but...

I would recommend that instead of draggin-n-dropping the contents into the new-compilation window, I would just choose CD-Copy (there is an Icon for this near the "Burn" icon).

I would normally use the CD-Copy option unless I'm wanting to change the contents of a CD.

-JonathankU

This sounds frighteningly familiar to my experiences a couple of weeks ago!!
Is there anything else that doesn't work??? like device manager for instance?
I traced my fault to a little nasty called "weird" a virus that replicates exe files and tricks the command into trying to initiate the made up exe (that don't work)
Hope this is not the case!!
Nortons Anti Virus 2002 found it, fault cure on semantec website. Martin Vote if you found this post helpful please!!

Try copying CD completely to Hard drive if you have space, that should be better for buffer under run. Maybe Nero isn't compatible with Sony CD RW? I have Sony CD RW and use the CD creator that came with it with 90% success(100% with slower burn). I tried Nero no go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back