Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burner Power Calabration ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruze

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
I have two computers one runing win 98se and one with win me !The 98 has 500 amd and 185mg ram
The me has 550 amd with 256mg ram!
Both are runing Philips burner and bouth are giveing me Power calabration errow or Calabraition area full!
This is with cdr or cdrw disk!I use ezcd creator pro !
Both drives are slaved to the Hard drive!Want burn data or music! Need help please

Might be wrong media...try another.
(that's what the message really means)
Phillips site may recommend one...try that
(having said that, I realize you may be trying with the sample media provided with the kit...still try another)
And a link to a site for troubleshooting...

Try upgrading the firware this solves that problem for most of those burners. But Philips burners are netoriosly poorly built and fail often. I have heard many times of lazers becoming misaligned over normal use and basicly being worthless after that. If the firmware upgrade and a diff Cd-r dont work I would junk it and get a new one. Unless you really want to pay somone to fix it till it brakes again. There just not built very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back