Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burn to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NextOne

MIS
Mar 14, 2003
GB
How to I export my timeline project directly to DVD???without going through 'DVDIT' on premiere 6.5
Thanks Luke

NextOne,

There are two steps from "timeline" to "shiny DVD".

1. You must export from timeline to a file of some kind. In all liklihood, that file will be an MPEG.

2. You must burn that file to the DVD in a format that is readable as video to a DVD player.

To accomplish step 1, you can export from your timeline to MPEG. I'm pretty sure Premiere 6.5 has this capability already.

Step 2 can be further broken down into two sub-steps:
a. "author" your DVD, meaning to construct an electronic description of where the various assets are on the DVD and how they interact. Basically, this is when you design your menus and put in chapter breaks and all that other fun stuff
b. "burn" the actual disk.

Step 2a can be done by all kinds of different programs. For example, I've used MGI VideoWave, 'cause, well, it was free when I bought my computer.
Step 2b can probably be done by the same program that did step 2a, but sometimes people use different programs to do it. In my case, I use a piece of software called "Stomp" because apparently, my export-to-DVD portion of VideoWave has smoked crack.

The sequence I use is:

1. Create edited video in Premiere, export to MPEG
2. Use VideoWave to design DVD layout and export DVD.iso file
3. Use Stomp to burn DVD

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Next one, You can't go directly from premiere to DVD. that's just not how it works.

You must prepare your file ( mpeg2 format with dVD specifications )
You must author your DVD ( using a program like Pinnacle, DVD It, or Ulead Dvd Studio )
You must then burn your dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back