Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulletin Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

98Converter

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
We send out a daily status of company every morning to a defined group of people (Intuity Mailing List). We have a high profile user that does not want to log into his mailbox, rather be able to dial a number and hear the pre-recorded status. He is dialing an 800# from off-site.

Is there any way to do this? Or minimize his password?

We also only want to record the message once.

Thanks,
Chris

You can make a subscriber in AUDIX and on page 2 label it a bulletin board rather than call-answer. Now you can record your status of company for anyone to user hear without logging into AUDIX. The recording will hang up after a user listens to it.

As a person who has a personal pet peeve about custom mailboxes, I would recommend taking a cos that is not being used, name it bulletin, and make the change from call answer to bulletin (it is on page 1 on the cos form)there. You can then assign that cos to that and any future extensions that might need this.

Have a great day.

I appreciate the responses - but as mentioned, we send the greeting out to a defined mailing list. This person does not work at our location, so we created a mailbox for him, but he does not want to log-in... etc.. he just wants to dial a number and have the recording start. Very similar to a Bulletin Board, yes, but we also only want to record our status once.

Again I appreciate your responses, and I couldn't come up with an alternate way - so we ultimately went with the bulletin board solution. Unfortunately our mailing list now has to dial into that mailbox, rather than hearing it on their own voicemail. oh well...

Thanks again,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back