Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk remote notification not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallymcdoogle

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
Hi,

I set up a distribution list to 30 mailboxes. Those mailboxes each have remote notification turned on. My goal was to create an emergency broadcast system using Call Pilot. Send a single voicemail message to this distribution list, and all users get called on their cell phones that they have a message.

My test went out, and only about a third of the accounts on the dist list got their remote notification calls, even though they all got the new voicemails. I verified that the remote notification is turned on, on all of those boxes.

My alarm log had no errors in it.

Afterwards, I sent a single voicemail to my box and it remote notified my cell immediately.

Is there a capacity issue where it will drop its tasks to process if it gets too busy like this? I watched and all Multimedia and channels were busy instantly. Did it drop all those remote notification calls because it was busy?

Do you have any ideas or concerns with trying to accomplish this using Call Pilot?

BTW: We're a 5.0

Thanks

Willie

Couple of things to look at first check to see how many tries before the box will disable. Do you have sufficient trunking for the amount of channels, and how many channels do you have in callpilot

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

You may have some call routing issues in the PBX, that when all trunks are busy, it's overflowing to something else you don't know about. Follow your RLB's.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Do you have the necessary channels back to the PBX to deliver 30 RN at the same time? And I’m sure that you will need to check the Outcalling Administration retry limits and make some adjustments.

I did increase the outcalling retry. But as a quick and dirty workaround, I simply split the list into 4 distribution lists, and had our operator wait a couple minutes between each list. This worked better, but is not an ideal solution.

I also want to fix it when the notification calls a telephone/cellphone. It doesn't know to wait for the beep before leaving its message, and what the user gets is different depending on their vmail service. They get a message of just a partial piece from Callpilot usually. I looked around but didn't see a setting. I would like it to send a text to their cell phones as well.

This is to contact all key emergency directors, wherever they are, in the event of an emergency. I have remote notification numbers for each director. Desk, Cell, Home and pager if they have one.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back