Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk deletion in Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoMan769

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2004
US
We are trying to "clean out" a MerMail system that has garbage in it from the last 6-8 years. Applications that are no longer used by the company (and have not been in some time). We have been trying to attack the problem one application at a time, but are running short on time. And still have a long way to go.

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to "bulk delete" in MerMail (i.e. select a range of VSDNs or Voice forms and then delete the selection all at once)?

no you'll have to wait for the screens, UNLESS you do a partial backup and restore that.. i build scripts to delete ,my stale mb when i took over maint here.. if you use procomm and know word, and excel i'll post the script.. what happens is you open the was in word, use mail merge, to replace the x with each of the boxes you have in an excel. then save as a txt open back in script editor, save as compile and run.. a few to many steps but i outed 600 mb's in under 3 hours and installed over 1000, with names and classes and depts and secondary dn's in less them 8.. don't sound fast but for a mermail, it's blazen.. for an old gut that can't type

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Depending on the RLS you can check in the Tools Menu there you should be able to Delete or Add multiple users.

Go via menu item 13 in tools. Command is deleteuser however you must use setparameters command first. Works a treat.

tools menu will do users, i didn't see a command for voice services, of course if i had it do, it would be time to right a script. i had to rebuild a system with 1800 users so i learned how to right scritps for screen paint, still took all day.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back