Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk Change - Coverage Path 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2true

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2004
US
I need to change the coverage path on about 100 stations. I don't want to change each station individually.
Is there a way to bulk/mass change the coverage path for multiple stations at once - either in ASA, SMGR, spreadsheet upload, or another way?

Thanks,
Ted

I would use the Global Endpoint Change in System Manager under Elements / Communication Manager / Endpoints / Manage Endpoints.

Check the boxes next to the stations you want to chanage then click the More Actions drop-down menu and select Global Endpoint Change.
Under the General Options tab, go to Coverage Path 1 and select "change" and enter the new path number. Click Commit to make the change.

The downside is that you may need to search through all the stations if your 100 stations are interspersed with a thousand others...

I would use the import feature/function in ASA. I did this recently and is really simple to set up and use. Put your extensions in the list, set the new coverage path for each and run the job. You can even cut and paste from excel if you have it in a spreadsheet already. Test with a single extension to make sure it works the way you expect it to.

Both are very good suggestions. I'm sure I will use them both in the future.

Thank you for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back