Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk Admin Tool Question -

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I've pinged Cisco on this, but thought I'd post it here. I've got CUCM 10.x

I need to change all phone device settings to enable the following:
a) Phone Personalization (Under device information)
b) Web Access (under Product Specific Configuration Layout)

Last night, I made the following changes:
a) changed the Common Phone Profile template to allow for both
b) Enabled Web Access under System > Enterprise Phone Configuration
c) Enabled Phone Personalization under System > Enterprise parameters
d) Reset all phones.

After the reset, the phones didn't "pick up" the new settings, so I'd like to force the change through the bulk admin tool.

These are my real questions:

Under the Bulk Admin > Import / Export > Export.....
1) Which check boxes do I need to have for both Personalization and Web Access settings?
2) When the .tar file is downloaded and extracted, which .csv files do I need to change to force the update?

As an experiment, I clicked on "phone" and checked the "dependency" button. AFter extraction, the only .csv file I found with both of these settings by name was the commonphoneprofile.csv. However, they are already enabled in that .csv so I don't think that will change anything.

I have over 1000 phones to do by Friday, so I need to figure this one out quick. It shouldn't be too hard once these 2 questions are answered.

Go to Bulk Admin - Phones - Update Phones - Query. Find said phones. Make said changes. Run it.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

Thanks. The query update wasn't working for me at the time, either. I finally figured out what my problem was.....me. I was changing the setting in the query, but neglected to check the box next to the setting (duh). I also found out that to enable web access, I had to check the box on the right that said "override common settings".

Nothing like burning a whole day on a fix, when the problem was yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back