Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk Add .wav file for Unity Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
My Unity version is 10.6

I have to create 455 mailboxes in Unity. I'll be using the BAT tool to do this, and was wondering if there was a way for BAT to bulk import the .wav file used for the message greeting. I'd hate to have some poor sap say the same thing 455 times! :)

Found a way to bulk create a .wav file. There are 2 ways of doing this: a) on the front end using Unity Templates and on the back-end using the "Bulk Edit" feature for voicemails, under the "users" section.

I opted for option a). Basically, you have to install the embedded Java recording utility in the voicemail template, under Edit > Greetings. Fair warning - getting Java to work is a pain in the butt....

a) Install Java 7, SU 21 (works the best). It can be found here: b) In Control Panel > Java in Windows. Enable Java 7, then in the security tab create security exceptions for your Unity connection URL
c) Using IE 11 (not Edge, Chrome or Firefox), put your Unity URL in under the "Trusted Sites" location and restart IE 11.
d) Create a Unity Voicemail Template, with all the settings you want the voice-mail to have
e) In the template, go to Edit > Greetings.
> Under "Callers Hear", click the "Personal Greeting" radio button.
> At the bottom is a small Play/Record button. This is the embedded Java utility. Press the button and accept all of the security warnings.
f) Record your message and save. IE might kick you out when you click save, so go back in and try again.

Now when you use the BAT tool to import your mailboxes, in the "Override CSV Fields", select "Yes" and the voice-mail template you created in d).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back