Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Built-in Windows 10 VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblingrebel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2010
CA
Hi, new to this forum, but not VPN's i have been doing them since the 90's, but usually through Vendor VPN's (nortel, cisco, etc). the last few years i've been working with a server guy, i do the network and voice, he does the servers/desktops and remote access. Being a microsoft certified server guy, he insists on using the built in windows vpn client. My problem is through out the 5 laptops/ work stations i use, they all stopped working to connect to his sites (3 win10, 1 win07 and one win8.1) . But they work fine connecting to vpn's at sites i control remote access. i've spent endless hours trying different things and keep coming up empty/ The old days i could watch the vpn negotiate and troubleshoot specifically where it failed. He keeps telling me he's not seeing me connect and stops there. He's just doing a simple layer 2 with user name and password. making different changes to the client vpn on my side gives me different errors. right now it verifies user name and password and then goes on to connecting. Failure see attached pic. theres no dns to resolve he just gives me the ip address, any help guiding me where to look is very much appreciated
IMG_20221129_200042_x2a356.jpg

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=886beccd-6849-4ba9-94b5-2f8d9edacc1c&file=IMG_20221129_200042.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back