Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building Micro Focus Cobol DLLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustym

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
US
I am bringing existing DLL projects into the Micro Focus Net Express (Cobol) environment from an older Micro Focus Cobol 2 environment. I have assembled the projects, and each seem to compile and build fine. However, there seems to be a difference between DLLs built with the old system and my system. More importantly, the new DLLs don't seem to work with the remainder of the existing application, which has an Easel front end GUI. A compare of any two 'identical' DLLs with Microsofts 'Quick View' (Export Table Section) shows all the same functions in each DLL, except that in my new DLL there is an additional entry, the last one, which is '_mFdllinfo'. Also, the Entry point for the first function is the same for each DLL, but after that the Entry Points are not the same. Can anybody shed any light on this for me?

Thanks,
Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back