Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building boost 1.37 on Solaris 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmahf

Programmer
Feb 11, 2005
US
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm not finding an answer for this. If you can point me at a good forum for this type of question (I've already asked on cplusplus.com), I'd be grateful.

I am trying to build boost 1.37 on Solaris 10 (1.37 is necessary since I'm porting an older version of our software that was originally built against that version) and, having run configure with no problems, I'm running into an issue where building with gmake gives the error: "g++: unrecognized option `-pthread'". I can't find anywhere that tells me how I can change that from -pthread to -pthreads (since I've found online where someone says -pthread is for gcc on Linux, and -pthreads is for gcc on Solaris).

Has anyone built boost on Solaris? Does anyone have an answer for how to change -pthread to -pthreads? And also any advice for going forward? I saw somewhere else that indicated it's not as easy of a process as I would have expected.

Thanks...
Bruce

For else anyone who runs into this problem, I didn't find a way to make 1.37 use the -pthreads option, but I did find somewhere where it says that this problem was fixed in 1.38, so I downloaded that, and it seems fine now.

A star for posting your solution - some don't bother.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back